17 June , 2020
WEAll Knowledge and Policy lead Amanda Janoo was a panellist at a session of the UN World Academy of Art and Science on “Emerging New Civilisation(s)” this week.
She was one of six female speakers, with one from each continent:
- Amanda Janoo, Knowledge & Policy Lead, Wellbeing Economy Alliance, USA
- Audrey Lobo-Pulo, Founding Director, Phoensight; Founding Board Member, Open Data Australia
- Azadeh Farajpour, Research Associate, FAW/n (Research Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing), Iran / Germany
- Mamphela Ramphele, Co-President of the Club of Rome; Co-founder Reimagine South Africa
- Rebecca Hueting, Activist, Extinction Rebellion; dissemination specialist, Deep Blue, Italy
- Samantha Suppiah, Sustainability strategist, Urban Doughnut, Philippines
It was a rich and fascinating discussion, exploring cultural and economic experiences from around the world. The focus was how sustainable wellbeing can be delivered for all.
Watch the event below or on the UN WASS Facebook page here.