WEAll members submitted their recommendations for ‘must-read’ books to understand the case for, and path towards, a wellbeing economy.
Here’s the result – 15 important books that provide answers, inspiration and hope.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive – comment below with your own recommendations.
Alphabetically by author:
- An Economy of Wellbeing: Mark Anielski
- Change Everything: Christian Felber
- Wellbeing Economy: Lorenzo Fioramonti
- The Divide: Jason Hickel
- New Economy Business: Margo Hoek
- The Age of Thrivability: Michelle Holliday
- Prosperity Without Growth: Tim Jackson
- The High Price of Materialism: Tim Kasser
- A Finer Future: Hunter Lovins, Stewart Wallis, John Fullerton and Anders Wijkman
- Economics Unmasked: Manfred Max-Neef
- The Spirit Level: Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson
- Doughnut Economics: Kate Raworth
- Small is Beautiful: E.F. Schumacher
- Local Dollars Local Sense – Michael Shuman
- How to Thrive in the Next Economy: John Thackara