On September 23rd, you can support the WWF in making that a reality. WWF is hosting a webinar with WEAll’s Amanda Janoo, and Club of Rome member and WEAll Ambassador, Sandrine Dixson.
The ideals of a wellbeing economy were endorsed by the European Union (EU) in October 2019 and the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) in January 2020, adding to the growing number of governments that are interested in the co-creation of a wellbeing economy in their areas.
The WWF is now calling for the European Commission, European Parliament, and the Member states to take direct actions to implement a wellbeing economy, which are in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
In its 22- page report to be released on September 23rd, the WWF outlines it recommendations on which new measures of progress are needed to guide a wellbeing approach.
With the SDGs as the guiding tool, the recommended Wellbeing Economy strategy would:
- Balance the social, environmental and economic dimensions of the recovery from the current health and economic crisis
- Respond to calls from the EU Council for a common EU approach to the economy of wellbeing
- Provide an EU strategy for implementing the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, five years after their international adoption
Learn more about what it will take for the EU to adopt a wellbeing economy at WWF’s upcoming webinar on September 23rd. Register here.
Guest speakers include:
- Amanda Janoo, Knowledge and Policy. Lead, Wellbeing Economy Alliance
- Estelle Goeger, Commissioner Gentiloni’s Cabinet, European Commission
- Ester Asin, Director, WWF European Policy Office
- Taru Koivisto, Director, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health of Finland