- This event has passed.
Systems Connections: the Wellbeing Economy and Climate Emergency | Bristol, UK
May 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
“Our climate is changing faster than we are. We need to speed up. The Rapid Transition Alliance is a new, global initiative learning from where, when and how good things happen quickly”.
- Professor of Sustainability Iceland, Vala Ragnarsdottir – Wellbeing Economy contributions to Climate Emergency strategies
- Andrew Simms from the Rapid Transition Alliance – Collaborative Action for a new economy
- Jennifer Hinton, Adapt Econ II project and the Post Growth Institute – Growing the Social Economy for Strong Sustainability
The day combines presentations, discussion and activities. Themed workshops will include:
- Psychology, Wellbeing and Change
- Making Peace with Nature
- Climate Emergency policy demands
- New Economy strategies
Participants will have the chance to work with some systems approaches in these facilitated workshops. Each theme will be introduced with a short 10 minute presentation.
9.30 – 10.00 am Coffee and mingle
10.00 – 10.15 Welcome and introduction to the day
10.15 – 11.00 Wellbeing Economy & Climate Emergency: making connections
To include short interactive session
11.30 – 12.30 Breakout session: making connections between participants and linking our work to conference themes
12.30 – 1.00 Strong Sustainability and the Social Economy
1.00 – 2.00 BUFFET LUNCH
2.00 – 3.00 Plenary interview: Collaborative Action for a new economy
3.00 – 4.00 Workshops as above with tea available
4.00 – 4.30 Short remarks from the panel and the floor