- This event has passed.
Disruptive Innovation Festival one day pop-up | London, UK and Online
June 14, 2019
What is the DIF?
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s DIF is an interactive online event series that aims to shift mindsets and inspire action towards a circular economy by sharing and exploring disruptive ideas and stories across a range of topics.
When are the events?
Originally run for three weeks every November, the DIF is now distributed throughout the year with the following dates confirmed for upcoming events.
- June 14th – one day DIF hosted from a popup studio in London.
- September 10th-12th – speakers and themes will be announced soon.
- November 11th-15th – nominate yourself to speak at our biggest event of the year.
Who is behind it?
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation is a non-profit organisation who works with business, government and academia to build a framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design.
Our events feature the world’s leading thinkers and innovators working on the cutting edge. Previous speakers include Sir Ken Robinson, Douglas Rushkoff, Robin Chase, Paul Mason, Kate Raworth, Jyrki Katainen, Ida Auken and Ann Pettifor.
How do I contribute?
We open up our schedule for applications from organisations and individuals to showcase their latest thinking and activities. What’s involved in speaking or hosting a session during a DIF event? Get more information and tell us about your idea to get into our lineup in November.
Are sessions in different languages?
The DIF’s working language is English. However, if you wish to have your session in your native language, please state it clearly in the application form and the DIF Team will discuss this option with you.
We’re aiming to make the DIF an even more global event by translating our content into multiple languages. That is why we have set up an Amara volunteer platform which makes it super simple to translate and review our content. Find out more on our Translate the DIF page.
Why is it free?
The DIF is a crowdsourced event which provides empowering open access for contributors who want to showcase their new ideas, thinking and initiatives with a global audience.
My DIF Account
The DIF is an open access event, however we do recommend getting a My DIF account which will provide you with the full DIF experience including:
Running up to the DIF:
- Regular DIF newsletters – preceding the live DIF we only send out newsletters every other month – so we promise we won’t spam your inbox!
- Receive an alert when the call for speakers opens and apply to host a session
During the DIF:
- Recommended sessions based on your own interests
- The ability to bookmark the sessions you want to attend and create your own schedule
- Be part of an enriching discussion with the comment feature enabled on every session page
After the DIF:
- Access DIF on Demand and get an extra month to watch any sessions you missed after the Festival ends
Register here for your My DIF account to access extra benefits and supercharge your DIF experience!